Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Keeping up with Trends




I have always kept up with trends and I guess my mom and grandmother always did as well. I do appreciate the new exciting designs that come out on the runways and in the magazines, but I do think there is something to be said for those who create there own style. These unique individual styles and the designer trends seem to always have a foot in the past. This is why I have always worn a vintage mix with contemporary fashions, together they create my own thang. The trends this season are lavender, rose, colorful flowers, flowered jewelry and plunging necklines(the dudes will be phyched). Pulling a few of these together with a vintage redesigned handbag and jewelry will set your outfit apart from the rest. I have always believed no matter what your style is if you have confidence and own the look, you'll look great! Mix it up for a look that is yours. del.ico.us.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree--about mixing things up and sprinkling in some vintage. I must confess, though, I've never been great about following the latest styles. I always go with what I like and, when that style happens to be in fashion I find shopping that much easier :)

    http://BrigaBauble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Briga, I'm pretty bad about following current styles. But, I do like that those styles seem to repeat themselves every 20 to 30 years, it's fun seeing all the retro stuff!

    [inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
    [inkihandmade.etsy.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog... love it :)

    ReplyDelete