Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Collecting Inspirations!






Collecting beautiful & interesting things has always been an important part of my life. I have always been a collector, at first it was rocks and shells and now has gone into many different directions such as mid-century furniture, Madonnas, acrylic items and botanical prints to name a few. I do have to keep this in check by holding back on starting new collections. My mothers tells me this started as early as three years old with pockets full of stones and other small objects. The color, form, and texture of these collections are so inspirational to my work. As you can see I have always been attracted to small objects so it's no surprise that I am a jeweler by trade. I do still collect shells and rocks on a much larger scale now but they are still my favorites. I am amazed that mother nature creates these wonderful colorful, most incredible objects. My collections do seem to have connections to one another either in texture color or in a family memory or tradition. It was funny taking pictures of them because I saw connections that I never realized before. It was kind of interesting to stand back from what I'm attracted to and see how they relate. I'm sure my families antique business and their love of art was where this obssession came from. Obssessed yes, but I love it and want to share it with you. lisa@thechicpeek.com

2 comments:

  1. i love collecting stuff for inspiration! I have my own collection of seashells from different beaches too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to visit all the beaches my collection came from. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete