Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Two Design Faces of Lisa Scala Handmade Jewelry, Art& Fashion






The Two Design Faces of Lisa Scala Handmade Jewelry, Art & Fashion is the two different styles that I am inspired to create. The newest style is the more contemporary style where I am working more simply in sterling silver. This design process is more about form and a bit of color. I tend to wear this style more myself, but I do love the vintage jewelry from the 1920's, 50's, 60's and 70's. I am inspired by an Asian and African feel in both of these design areas. The design process that I had been working in is "Retro Redesign" making fashion forward jewelry out of quality antiques and vintage items. I am starting to create what I call my bridge pieces, with these I combined an amazing vintage part and incorporate into a unique contemporary form. This seems to be the direction that I am headed and I am very excited! There is still something about these vintage finds and the sense of history that intrigues me. I also love that it is recycling and honoring the past. I am very lucky to be able to evolve, create and still love the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment